Connect First Credit Union is hiring an Account Manager, Agriculture in Southern Alberta.
If you’re passionate about your community, adore making an impact, thrive in a fast-paced environment and want to make a difference, then we’re looking for you! When you join our team, you’re joining an organization with deep roots, big ideas, and a commitment to doing what’s right. We work as one connected team, and value thinking big, acting local, taking charge, and making things easy.
We look for people who:
- Share our values
- Enjoy having honest conversations, about real things, as real people
- Believe that creating great experiences is totally within their control
- Build positive relationships and an understanding of what people’s needs are
- See solutions and possibilities (not problems!)
- Are simply outstanding at what they do
The Account Manager, South is responsible for managing and maintaining the portfolio of agriculture banking members. This role develops and maintains relationships with members as well as pursues new members through referrals, business development, and contacts in the community. This role implements corporate policies, procedures and standards to effectively mitigate risk.
- This Account Manager, South position will serve Langdon, Strathmore, Hussar, Drumheller and Carbon.
- Manages relationships with local producers and be responsible for a developing a portfolio to meet member needs including lending and nonlending products to help them achieve success.
- Works with members to build a package of finance products that meet their business needs.
- Builds relationships with members and internal partners.
- Travels to visit members on their farm or in the office.
- Analyzes member financial information.
- Creates, processes and approves new credit facilities.
- Manages members’ agriculture lending portfolios.
- Supports the established annual business plan for the department.
- Analyzes, negotiates, and structures agriculture loans in compliance with guidelines.
- Manages credit applications and approves agriculture loans within assigned limits. Accountable for attaining all sales and growth targets to the assigned portfolio.
- Ensures compliance to all risk management and organizational policies and procedures.
- Conducts annual reviews on agriculture accounts within the assigned portfolio and ensure all terms and conditions of credit are being met.
- Prepares reports on the status and performance of assigned portfolios.
- Works collaboratively with others on specific organization wide projects/initiatives.
- Contributes to the development, implementation, and maintenance of departmental initiatives/programs.
Experience and/or Educational Requirements
- 4-6 years’ experience in agriculture or commercial banking.
- 1 – 2 years’ experience in managing accounts.
- A degree in agriculture, business or commerce and at least three years of related ag finance or
- Sales experience (or equivalent combination of education and experience).
- Completed a relevant certificate, diploma, degree or designation program.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may also be considered.
Skills and Competencies
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office applications and willingness to learn other programs.
- Confident communicator with strong analytical skills in agricultural operations.
- Ability to connect and build business relationships.
- Sales and negotiation skills combined with sound judgment.
- Self-starter who embraces change.
- Strong organizational skills and can manage multiple priorities.
- A drive to help others achieve their goals
- A love for agriculture
- Excellent critical thinking, problem solving, and leadership skills.
- Project management skills.
- Remain current on emerging trends within field of expertise and incorporate them.
- Effective business development skills.
Closing date: This position will remain open until filled
Qualified applicants are invited to apply online here.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Please note applications will only be accepted online and only those applicants under consideration will be contacted.
For more information on Connect First Credit Union Careers, please visit https://www.ConnectFirstCU.com/Careers