Bow Valley Credit Union is hiring an Account Manager in Calgary or Cochrane, Alberta
Reporting to the Branch Manager, the Account Manager is responsible for growth and maintenance of lending portfolio. Additionally, the Account Manager is accountable for growing and maintaining relationships with members by proactively providing complete tailored solutions that fit individual member’s evolving financial needs and goals.
Accountable for providing outstanding member service while processing for all lending functions, member requests for loans, loan interviews, approval and loan closing. Cross selling and sales of Credit Union products and services to meet targets in keeping with the annual strategic plan. The Account Manager actively participates in branch and/or community awareness and networking activities, having expert knowledge of all credit union financial products and services, and participates in increasing awareness of the credit union and identified business growth strategies.
What Does An Account Manager Do?
1. Credit and Lending Activities
- Grant consumer loans, authorize overdrafts, lines of credit, HELOCs, retail mortgages, construction mortgages and interim financing within approved limits according to operating procedure
- Accurate analysis to complete loan applications, renewals, extensions, alterations, substitutions of security as well as make recommendations for approvals/declines for credit outside discretionary limits as established by policies and procedures
- Build BVCU’s loan book and increase Wallet Share per member
- Knowledge of commercial lending and small business banking is an asset
- Respond to member inquiries on retail banking services and resolve routine member problems and concerns pertaining to personal loans, lines of credit and other lending services
- Follow up on delinquent accounts as directed by branch manager within established collection policies. Refers unsolved situations to branch manager for further action
- Perform routine loan audits, review systems generated reports, and identify actions required to address and correct areas of concern
- Enhance current relationships with members and make efforts to attract new members
- Identify opportunities to promote, up-sell and cross-sell the Credit Union’s products including insurance products, loan products, and banking accounts
- Review daily paid out loans and ensure necessary discharges occur including the PPSA and land titles
2. Member Experience
- Create a positive first impression and model exceptional service delivery at every member interaction to elevate the overall member experience, including account openings and ongoing member communications
- Enhance BVCU’s profile in the community and area through proactive representation and relationship building with relevant community and business associations
- Participate in a positive, collaborative work environment that encourages pride, teamwork, and mutual respect
- Participate in training and development programs provided by internal and external resources
- Performing other duties in keeping with the purpose and accountabilities of the job as assigned including general branch support
- Demonstrate role model behavior by encouraging the desired corporate culture within the credit union
- Collaborate with the Administration Office
- Consider health & safety as a primary concern to ensure the overall well-being of self and others
Education and Qualifications
- Related post-secondary education in business, finance, or related field an asset
- 5 plus years of dedicated consumer lending complemented by excellent knowledge of retail banking and a member-first service mentality
- Knowledge of lending legislation, regulations, policies and procedures
- Comprehensive understanding of credit union operations, philosophies and principles, products and services would be considered an asset
- Proven ability to seek out and identify new business opportunities; meet and understand the needs of existing and potential members
- High level of computer literacy, with intermediate to advance skill level in Microsoft Office
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills with strong attention to detail
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations with discretion
- Analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
- Maintain an understanding of Credit Union industry lending policies, government legislative, and regulatory requirements
- Must be committed to continuous learning and development.
- Must be bondable and a criminal and credit record check will be required.
- Must have legal authorization to work in Canada on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer
- This position is located at the Calgary Sage Hill or Cochrane branch
- This is a full-time position, based on a 37.5-hour work week
- Must have flexibility to work evenings and weekends when required
- Occasional daytime travel is required to attend job-related training, credit union events, and perform member visits within the area
- The majority of work is done in an office setting, involving extended computer use, sitting, reaching, standing, walking, and minimal lifting
- Moderate mental effort with periods of high volume workload is to be expected
We are looking for someone to join the team to make everyone feel at home, seeing and feeling the Bow Valley Credit Union difference right away. Sound like the perfect fit? Then apply today!
Bow Valley Credit Union
BVCU takes great pride in the communities where we live and work, we and are committed to helping them thrive. Our members are at the centre of everything we do, and our vision, purpose, and values reflect our commitment to our members and our communities. BVCU has built its considerable success by delivering exceptional service and products to our members.
At BVCU, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants. We believe that diversity and inclusion is critical to our success, and we seek to recruit, develop, and retain our talent from a diverse candidate pool. The credit union reserves the right to change job accountabilities and responsibilities as business needs dictate.
BVCU thanks you for your application, but we will only be contacting successful applicants.
For more information about Bow Valley Credit Union please visit bowvalleycu.com.