Bow Valley Credit Union is hiring a Member Service Manager in Cochrane, Alberta
Bow Valley Credit Union takes great pride in the communities where we live and work, we and are committed to helping them thrive. Our members are at the centre of everything we do, and our vision, purpose, and values reflect our commitment to our members and our communities. BVCU has built its considerable success by delivering exceptional service and products to our members.
Reporting to the CFO at the Cochrane Administration Office, the Accounting & Administration Officer is an excellent multitasker with exceptional communication and time management skills. This role is expect to assist the Accounting department with reporting, data entry, processing, recording transactions, payroll, as well as administrative support to the CFO and executive management team.
What Does an Accounting & Administration Officer Do?
- Accounting duties including daily, monthly, and annual reporting as well as additional processing, account balancing, and reconciliations
- Preparation of Financial and Statistical report, including all schedules to support operations and financial reporting
- Accounts Payable processing of invoices including coding, reconciliation and cheque preparation for all accounts payable
- Processing expense claims
- Processing bi-monthly payroll
Essential Requirements For the Position
- Advanced skills with MS Office suite, including Excel and Outlook
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Solid planning skills, with attention to detail, and the ability to prioritize and troubleshoot
- Sound judgment and decision making ability
- Self-learning and independent research; desire for ongoing learning and improvement
- Effective interpersonal skills with the ability to work individually and/or within a team
- DNA-Banking system and FAS knowledge a bonus!
Education and Experience
- Post-Secondary Degree and/or Diploma in Accounting
- One to three years relevant job experience or an equivalent combination of post-secondary education and experience
- Must be bondable and a criminal and credit record check is required
- Must have legal authorization to work in Canada on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer
Sound like the perfect fit? Then apply today!
Closing date: until filled
Salary: Starting at $41,600 a year, commensurate with experience
At Bow Valley Credit Union, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants. We believe that diversity and inclusion is critical to our success, and we seek to recruit, develop, and retain our talent from a diverse candidate pool. The credit union reserves the right to change job accountabilities and responsibilities as business needs dictate.
For more information about Bow Valley Credit Union please visit bowvalleycu.com.
BVCU thanks you for your application, but we will only be contacting successful applicants.