Closing date: July 8, 2020
Alberta Central is the central banking facility, service bureau and trade association for Alberta’s credit unions. We are owned by 16 credit unions that together have more than $25 billion in system assets and serve more than 628,000 members at 190 branches across Alberta.
At Alberta Central, our purpose is to champion change in the credit union system and bring value and expertise to credit unions. Through our commitment to service, and with the efforts of our dedicated employees, we are helping credit unions meet the expectations of their members. We continue to work side by side with credit unions with a single goal in mind: to help our system grow, prosper and achieve financial success.
This position processes high volumes and large dollar value transactions for customers, with stringent deadlines for the delivery and settlement of its products and services. The role is responsible for multiple aspects of automated funds transfer and administration and providing customer support related to these duties.
- Ensure new CAFT clients are accurately setup on CAFT and proprietary HOST systems.
- Daily high volume of complex alphanumeric data entry.
- Perform recall and error corrections and traces on behalf of credit unions and corporate customers.
- Support risk management by following established policies, procedures and controls both corporately and within area of responsibility, and escalate discrepancies to management.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Grade 12, with a minimum of 2 years related experience.
- High attention to detail, typing speed and accuracy required.
- Knowledge of electronic banking transactions.
- Previous financial services industry experience an asset.
- Proficiency Level of Microsoft Office Suite: Word – basic, Excel – basic and Outlook – basic. Other software as required.
- Must be bondable.
BENEFITS OF WORKING AT OUR ORGANIZATION
- 2020 Alberta’s Top 75 Employer.
- Competitive compensation.
- Open concept environment.
- Friendly team atmosphere.
- Parking subsidy, free banking services, free access to an in-house fitness facility.
- Excellent access to transit services (bus and Heritage C-Train station).
- Casual dress environment.
To express your interest in this position, submit your current resume along with a cover letter quoting Competition #20-013 by July 8, 2020, here.
*please note, application platform works best using Chrome, Firefox, Edge or Safari
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those under consideration for the position will be contacted.