Closing date: July 10
Are you looking for an employer who shares your passion and enthusiasm? Do you want a job where you know you’re making a difference, every day you come to work? Do you want a challenging career with a dynamic organization that gives back to the community and whose employees embrace corporate social responsibility?
Consider Lakeland Credit Union as an employer who can help you can shape your career, right here in the Lakeland. You’ll be involved in local decision making, work hands-on in finding solutions for our members, and thrive in a team atmosphere where everyone works together to achieve our personal and financial goals.
The Assistant Branch Manager is responsible for managing the operational and financial performance of the branch. Their leadership and coaching skills are evolving; however they use their product expertise to assist their employees in helping identify member needs and recommending, referring or providing products and services that enhance their financial well-being. They support their employees in the attainment of individual goals and branch and corporate objectives. This role is responsible for the branch achievement of Key Responsibilities and Deliverables, adherence to all risk management standards, and quality of service performance.
Key Responsibilities and Deliverables
- Coach and develop consistent and formal coaching skills that include: service excellence, product knowledge, cross-selling, up-selling, the needs analysis process, negotiation, pricing and profitability
- Mentor and assist employees with career-pathing, skill development, and ongoing learning
- Motivate and engage employees, assist in the development and implementation of branch campaigns, and reward and recognition programs
- Identify, solicit, and close sales opportunities; offer appropriate LCU products and services to members in response to stated needs, as well as in response to clues indicating unstated needs
- Understand and meet the needs of our members by providing them with advice on appropriate products and services, and/or identify opportunities to refer members to appropriate team members or external partners
- Achieve or exceed assigned sales and referral goals. Enthusiastically participate in, and assist in the creation of corporate and branch campaigns
- Provide input into the development and support the achievement of sales targets and marketing plans
- Provide competent and courteous service to staff and members at all times in a timely, friendly, and professional manner
- Deal with all member concerns, conflicts and complaints in collaboration with the Branch Manager. Educate and empower employees to fully utilize our Elements program
- Solicit new members; foster business development through service excellence and product knowledge
- Maintain a professional image in the community
- Other duties as assigned
Human Resource Management
- Provide support, guidance, and training to all co-workers as necessary to ensure performance improvement and a cohesive team. Lead by example and act as a positive role model for all employees
- Manage the branch FTE complement by scheduling effectively
- Identify employee developmental opportunities and provide effective coaching, support and technical training
- Complete quarterly performance reviews for each direct report with a focus on skill development
- Maintain a professional appearance, an organized, safe, and professional work environment.
- Motivate employees through the effective development and implementation of reward/recognition programs
- Hold weekly staff meetings that keep employees informed and includes an effective business development and service component
- Treat employees with dignity and respect and fosters a competent, positive, and expressive culture
- Audit for accuracy and completion of documentation and ensure that employees adhere to policies, procedures, compliance, and loss prevention guidelines to mitigate the risk of loss to the LCU
- Take necessary action on issues or concerns arising from the annual audits
- Ensure necessary due diligence is taken to support the accuracy of all member transactions
- Responsible for effective custody and control over cash holdings
- Display attention to detail, intuitive thinking and prudent judgment in the decision-making process
- Adhere to authorization limits (includes Master Bond) and review and approve transactions for subordinates
- Demonstrate an expert understanding of all branch security procedures and review regularly with staff
- Adhere to all legislative and regulatory requirements (e.g. Privacy, Money Laundering)
Completed formal post-secondary education would be considered a definite asset. Formal education may include “Fellow of Credit Union Institute of Canada” (FCUIC) designation or “Associate of the Credit Union Institute of Canada” (ACUIC) through the Credit Union Institute of Canada (CUIC).
A minimum of 4 – 6 years of job-related experience in retail banking, relationship management and people leadership is required for this member facing managerial position.
A combination of education and experience will be also considered.
Professional Development and Training
Opportunities for personal and professional development make Lakeland Credit Union the Employer of Choice! Development of your career path is made available through formal education with the Credit Union Institute of Canada (CUIC). Dedication to life-long learning is encouraged.
This role will be based in Cold Lake, AB.