Closing date: July 10
Are you looking for an employer who shares your passion and enthusiasm? Do you want a job where you know you’re making a difference, every day you come to work? Do you want a challenging career with a dynamic organization that gives back to the community and whose employees embrace corporate social responsibility?
Consider Lakeland Credit Union as an employer who can help you can shape your career, right here in the Lakeland. You’ll be involved in local decision making, work hands-on in finding solutions for our members, and thrive in a team atmosphere where everyone works together to achieve our personal and financial goals.
The Branch Manager is responsible for managing the operational and financial performance of the branch. This role provides leadership to direct reports and ensures all staff is adequately trained and up-to-date with organizational procedures and policies. This role is responsible for the branch achievement of Key Responsibilities and Deliverables, adherence to all risk management standards and quality of service performance.
Key Responsibilities and Deliverables
Member Service Administration
- Manage branch deposit portfolio
- Provide support to Financial Advisors for registered, investment and deposit services to members and potential members
- Resolve complex problems and member complaints to ensure needs of members and credit union are met
Lending and Loans Portfolio Management
- Manage branch lending and collections function
- Ensure compliance with sound business practice, legislation, regulations, policies and procedures
- Provide support to Financial Advisors for mortgage and consumer lending services to members and potential members
- Analyze, recommend and approve credit requests ensuring applications exhibit quality risk assessment and analysis as well as appropriate pricing
- Approve credit within delegated lending authority
- Regular monitoring and review of loans portfolio, initiate action where necessary
- Manager errors and omissions by staff to accepted level
Human Resource Management
- Work with People and Culture to interview prospective employees and make hiring decisions
- Establish performance standards, evaluate performance of branch staff, identify training and development needs, make recommendations to immediate supervisor concerning appropriate action to take; if necessary, and initiate disciplinary procedures
- Commit to effective communication through structured meetings with direct reports and appropriate channels of clear communication to all branch staff
- Provide observational, performance and developmental based coaching and mentorship to direct reports
Sales, Marketing and Promotion
- Lead the development and achievement of branch sales targets and support branch marketing plans
- Create a network of enthusiastic employees who support service excellence
- Oversee branch activities for effective member contact to develop relationships and ensure member needs are being met, as well as to identify new growth opportunities
- Market services and products and enhance image by implementing plans to increase member awareness and branch profitability
- Differentiate between credit union and competitor products and services in terms of number needs
- Communicate products and service information to secure sale; utilize questioning techniques to identify business objections then offset objections to build member and staff commitment by demonstrating the business impact of the solution
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of all credit union products and services and relevant policies and legislation by regularly reviewing literature and attending product update meetings
Branch Operations/Credit Union Support
- Through ELEMENTS Advice and Service, participate and contribute to a working environment that stimulates exceptional internal and external member service
- Control branch expenses through the application of internal checks and balances
- Lead branch staff meetings
- Ensure adherence to established policies, procedures and legislation
- Maintain proper security procedures
- Monitor branch activities to ensure awareness of operational problems and successes
- Develop and maintain profitable growth of branch by administering policy and guidelines
- Support AVP Member Experience in setting short and long-term branch goals; implement plans to achieve goals
- Develop branch tactical plans that support credit union operational plans and monitor performance in relation to plans
- Accountable for promoting Lakeland Credit Union values and teamwork between internal members
- Organize and prioritize tasks and projects to ensure maximum efficiency of each work day
- Participate in department meetings and credit union meetings
- Other duties as required by the role to meet internal and external member needs
Completed formal post-secondary education would be considered a definite asset. Formal education may include “Fellow of Credit Union Institute of Canada” (FCUIC) designation or “Associate of the Credit Union Institute of Canada” (ACUIC) through the Credit Union Institute of Canada (CUIC).
A minimum of 5 years of job-related experience in retail banking, relationship management and people leadership is required for this member facing managerial position.
A combination of education and experience will be also considered.
This role will be based in Cold Lake, AB.