Closing date: until filled
Connect First Credit Union is hiring a Branch Manager for their Drumheller branch.
If you’re passionate about your community, adore making an impact, thrive in a fast-paced environment and want to make a difference, then we’re looking for you! When you join our team, you’re joining an organization with deep roots, big ideas, and a commitment to doing what’s right. We work as one connected team, and value thinking big, acting local, taking charge, and making things easy.
We look for people who:
• Share our values
• Enjoy having honest conversations, about real things, as real people
• Believe that creating great experiences is totally within their control
• Build positive relationships and an understanding of what people’s needs are
• See solutions and possibilities (not problems!)
• Are simply outstanding at what they do
• Manages the branch sales, service and operations by setting and achieving organizational objectives, and adhering to all risk management and legislative standards for the quality of the branch’s portfolio.
• Provides leadership to the branch by reinforcing best practices, policies and procedures; develops and coaches direct reports, setting individual goals and objectives, evaluates performance, and provides frequent feedback.
• Leads in the development of branch targets (i.e. deposit and credit sales and growth targets) and marketing plans.
• Provides technical direction to the branch and resolves complex problems and member complaints referred by staff.
• Reviews and streamlines processes and procedures to ensure the branch team is focused on delivering service excellence while meeting service and sales targets.
• Provides input into operational planning for the branch and implements the annual business plan and budget.
• Controls branch expenses through the application of internal checks and balances, and prepares monthly branch financial statements and account reconciliations.
• Participates in the recruitment of branch staff by conducting interviews and consulting on candidate suitability prior to making a final decision.
• Manages and communicates issues; initiates follow-up with other branches, departments, and management as required.
• Establishes, manages, and maintains awareness of the organization in the local community and within professional networking groups.
• Works collaboratively with others on specific organization-wide projects and/or initiatives.
Experience and/or Educational Requirements:
• 6 – 8 years experience in consumer lending/credit or investment.
• Minimum of 3 years of demonstrated excellence in a leadership role.
• Completed a relevant certificate, diploma, degree or designation program.
• Current Mutual Funds license is an asset.
• An equivalent combination of education and experience may also be considered.
Skills and Competencies:
• Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Office applications and easily learn other programs.
• Excellent communication skills; both written and verbal.
• Strong leadership and management skills.
• Excellent customer service orientation.
• Excellent critical thinking and analytical skills.
• Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills.
• Excellent attention to detail.
Qualified applicants are invited to apply online.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Please note applications will only be accepted online and only those applicants under consideration will be contacted.
For more information on Connect First Credit Union Careers, please visit https://www.ConnectFirstCU.com/Careers