Closing date: July 26, 2021
Alberta Central is the central banking facility, service bureau and trade association for Alberta’s credit unions. We are owned by 16 credit unions that together have more than $28 billion in system assets and serve more than 616,000 members at 194 branches across Alberta.
At Alberta Central, our purpose is to champion change in the credit union system and bring value and expertise to credit unions. Through our commitment to service, and with the efforts of our dedicated employees, we are helping credit unions meet the expectations of their members. We continue to work side by side with credit unions with a single goal in mind: to help our system grow, prosper, and achieve financial success.
This position contributes a unique blend of project management and IT business analytical skills. This position assesses and documents business needs and requirements for the modification or enhancement of products/services or the resolution of production problems; develops business cases; prepares detailed specifications and project plans; acts as liaison between the client and technical and operational groups; and oversees the project from initiation through to implementation. This position may provide mentorship and guidance to more junior team members.
- Undertakes business analysis activities relating to product and service modifications/ enhancements and the resolution of production problems.
- Gathers information from clients and other stakeholders, conducts research, and documents business needs and requirements.
- Identifies options for potential solutions, evaluates the technical and business suitability of each option, and participates in assessing the priority, feasibility and impact of undertaking the project.
- Develops business cases for modifications or enhancements, summarizing the costs, benefits, and measurable success criteria.
- Participates or leads in presenting proposals to management and/or clients and provides input to selecting the best options to meet business and technical needs.
- Participates in preparing project plans, timeline and budget and communicates requirements to the technical team; ensures project deliverables meet stated requirements, are delivered to the required standard of quality and within the specified constraints of time and cost.
- Tracks and oversees the project life cycle from analysis through to deployment, provides project updates to clients and/or internal management, and acts as liaison between technical, operational staff and clients in resolving planning and implementation issues.
- Participates in developing a project implementation plan and oversees implementation, including quality assurance, testing and any modifications required.
- Approves information releases and user manuals, and provide information, training and support to clients and internal personnel with respect to new and enhanced products and services.
- Troubleshoots and resolves issues escalated from team members and provide mentorship and guidance to junior team members.
- Supports risk management and effective governance by maintaining compliance with policies, procedures and controls both corporately and within area of responsibility, ensuring they are operating effectively and escalating discrepancies to management.
- Related University, college, formal certification and a minimum of 5 years related experience; or a combination of formal education and experience.
- Experience in projects focused on migrating mainframe or legacy systems.
- Knowledge of Accounting processes and systems is preferred.
- Knowledge and/or experience in the Canadian credit union system or the financial services industry is an asset.
- Professional certification such as PMP or CBAP is an asset.
- Must be team-oriented, having experience collaborating with multiple levels and sectors of the organization.
- Must have the ability to prioritize effort and manage multiple projects and initiatives concurrently.
- Must be bondable.
BENEFITS OF WORKING AT OUR ORGANIZATION
- 2021 Alberta’s Top 75 Employer
- Competitive compensation
- Open concept environment
- Flexible work options
- Friendly team atmosphere
- Casual dress environment
To express your interest in this position, submit your current resume along with a cover letter quoting Competition #21-012 by July 26, 2021, here.
*please note, application platform works best using Chrome, Firefox, Edge or Safari
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those under consideration for the position will be contacted.