Closing date: until filled
An exciting opportunity exists for an experienced Contact Centre Advisor to join the team at ABCU, Alberta’s Credit Union. ABCU is a full-service open bond credit union with assets of $299 million, loans of $209 million, deposits of$276 million and a staff of 37. At ABCU our culture is based on our passion to be financial professionals dedicated to doing what is right for our credit union and our members.
The Contact Centre Advisor is responsible for building, maintaining and deepening relationships with members who are on default portfolio through interactions by phone, online or email in an enthusiastic and proactive member focused manner. This role is responsible for delivering an advice-based experience to our members by understanding their financial needs and goals and subsequently recommending member solutions for all of their personal banking needs. They must be well informed of every product and service offering and know how to educate and resolve the member’s needs and be a master at introducing members who qualify to our advisory team. This role works closely with the advisory team and contact centre to ensure that member’s needs are met and referrals are taking place.
- Use your strong relationship building and networking skills to build connections, generate leads, promote and deliver investment awareness to all members.
- Be current and have superior knowledge of all products offered, policies and procedures.
- Use your expertise to identify opportunities to further consolidate member’s external financial business through member awareness and education.
- Master the wealth and commercial product suite and seek every opportunity to refer to Investment Specialist/CSI Investment Advisor and commercial services.
- Grant consumer loans, line of credit and overdrafts within established limits or recommend for approval to credit risk management. Understand and prepare your own documentation for any new sales.
- Work with in-branch advisors and teller supervisors to assist in any signing requirements on documentation.
- Deliver a consistent member experience with every interaction by following a standard process that seeks to understand member investment objectives, risk tolerance to determine the appropriate asset allocation models and provide evidence of member conversations through effective charting notes.
- Measure your success through both achievements in net growth and member satisfaction.
- Focus on what you can do to ensure success is achieved at the corporate level, your level and the member level.
- Achieve or exceed annual targets.
- Post-secondary degree or diploma required.
- Comfort and ability to work with a high level of detail/accuracy.
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Ability to work efficiently within a high member engagement role without sacrificing accuracy.
- Five years of job-related/industry experience preferably in a contact centre environment.
- Canadian Securities Course (CSC) or Canadian Investment Funds Course to support MFDA required.
- A combination of post-secondary education and work experience will be considered.
Apply Via Email
Interested candidates please provide a cover letter, salary expectations and resume to:
Cindy Bennett, ABCU Credit Union
ABCU Credit Union thanks all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
For more information on ABCU Careers, please visit https://www.abcu.ca/Personal/