Lakeland Credit Union is hiring a Controller in Bonnyville, Alberta.
Are you looking for an employer who shares your passion and enthusiasm? Do you want a job where you know you’re making a difference, every day you come to work? Do you want a challenging career with a dynamic organization that gives back to the community and whose employees embrace corporate social responsibility?
Consider Lakeland Credit Union as an employer who can help you shape your career, right here in the Lakeland. You’ll be involved in local decision making, work hands-on in finding solutions for our members, and thrive in a team atmosphere where everyone works together to achieve our personal and financial goals.
Reporting to the VP Finance and Risk, the Controller is accountable for the accounting management of the Lakeland Credit Union and as a Controller this position plans, coordinates, supervises and executes the activities of the organization’s accounting and budget functions.
This leadership role requires an active, knowledgeable, engaged, and hands-on designated professional who can mentor and lead the Accounting team, develop positive relationships with other internal staff & leaders, various user groups, and execute functional tasks as required and is not afraid to roll up their sleeves.
Key Responsibilities and Deliverables
- Provide leadership & mentorship to the staff of the Accounting Department by ensuring that financial deliverables are accurately completed on schedule
- Key advisor to the VP Finance & Risk or as a prepared team member on projects, initiatives & cross-department initiatives
- Serve as the key financial liaison with internal and external stakeholders including auditors
- Responsible for the internal & external reporting requirements & updates
- Coordinates monitors & executes functional accounting & processes
- Ensures orderly scheduling & compilation of annual & multi-year operating & capital budget
- Other duties as required
What Will Succcess Look Like?
The successful candidate will be responsible for or assist with the following:
- Manage the day to day accounting and supervise the team
- Prepare quarterly and annual financial statements
- Prepare monthly consolidation package and analysis of actual to budgeted results
- Act as a key point of contact for external auditors
- Prepare monthly capital reporting and actual to budget analysis
- Review and processes material transfers
- Assist in the documentation and maintenance of the Company’s internal control policies and procedures
- Collaborates with the Manager of Finance & Risk on interdepartmental initiatives
- Continuous improvements/enhancements to processes and procedures
It’s All About You
- 5+ experience in progressive accounting & finance roles with at least 2+ years in senior leadership role(s)
- CPA designation (or in the final stage will be considered)
- Experience leading an organization that is run by a board of directors or body of elected officials
- Experience working with the Credit Union Regulatory framework in Alberta is considered an asset
- Ability to lead a dynamic team and build positive working relationships with both internal & external stakeholders
- Superior communication skills with a focus on transparency, team participation and safety
- You are an operationally focused CPA with 2+ years post designation experience
- Ideally, you have relevant Post-Secondary degree with a major in accounting
- Strong attention to detail and deadline-oriented with strong analytic and problem-solving skills
- Proficient in MS Office
Closing date: This position will remain open until filled
To start the conversation regarding your fit for this position, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about Lakeland Credit Union please visit lakelandcreditunion.com.