Closing date: until filled
At Lakeland Credit Union our people are committed to providing financial opportunity, choice, and lifelong value by partnering with our members and our communities to enrich their lives through trusted advice and exceptional service!
Credit unions are about community enrichment, profit sharing, and people before profits! Lakeland Credit Union (“LCU”) has been serving the Bonnyville and Cold Lake communities since 1940 and we have a rich legacy of profit sharing and investing in our local communities and businesses.
The #LCUExperience is founded on the premise of attracting, developing and retaining employees committed to a career of delivering trusted advice and exceptional service to every member, every time. LCU is committed to investing in Our People, and empowering them with the training, skills, and experience, supported by the right processes to drive member loyalty and financial strength.
We are committed to being a respected financial institution where new members seek to join, meaningful careers are nurtured, partners pursue collaboration, and, our collective community succeeds!
Reporting to the VP, Credit, the Credit Adjudicator will provide innovative credit solutions, evaluate and approve consumer, small business, commercial and agricultural credit applications that exceed the lenders limits. This position is responsible for ensuring that the approved applications meet acceptable risk requirements and provide a reasonable, risk-based return on investment, in accordance with corporate lending policy as well as regulatory and legislative requirements.
- Ensure the required internal control standards, including adherence to audit, regulatory and compliance policies and legislation.
- Analysis of financial information, security valuations, terms and conditions of the credit request to ensure that approved applications are appropriately structured to minimize risk while supporting growth.
- Identify viable alternatives to applications or revisions to security, terms and conditions
- Assist in developing and implementing credit policies and procedures while providing mentorship to our lending team.
- A Bachelor degree in Business or other related post-secondary education.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in the financial field preferably in senior lending environment.
- Exceptional critical credit analysis and decision making skills.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills and the ability to engage with a wide range of individuals.
- Excellent communication skills and mentorship ability to support credit analysts and lenders with understanding risk, policies, practices and procedures.
- A team player committed to working with leadership and employees to ensure goal alignment and achievement.
- Results driven with exceptional planning, organization and execution skills.
- A member-centric organization that understands that happy members start with happy staff.
- A culture that values and recognizes your abilities to be successful and help others to be successful.
- A tenured team of professionals that provide trusted advice every day.
- Competitive total compensation and benefits package.
- Awesome financial perks (besides the take home pay).