ABCU Credit Union is hiring an experienced Credit Associate in Beaumont, Alberta.
ABCU is a full-service open bond credit union. Assets $299 million, loans $209 million, deposits $276 million, staff of 37. At ABCU Credit Union Ltd. (ABCU) our culture is based on our passion to be financial professionals dedicated to doing what is right for our credit union and our members.
The Credit Associate is a key member of the credit advisory team. The primary responsibility is to provide support to the credit advisor portfolios. Additional responsibilities include; engagement activities to retain and consolidate existing members business to the Credit Union and attract new credit referral opportunities. This position works closely with the Credit Advisor, Credential Securities Advisor, Investment Specialists and Senior Manager, Member Services. This role requires expert knowledge of credit products and administration.
Use your strong relationship building and networking skills to build connections, generate leads, promote and deliver investment awareness to all members through:
- Use your strong relationship building and administration skills and work with the credit specialists to build connections, generate leads, promote and deliver investment awareness to all members through:
- Be current and have superior knowledge of all products offered, policies and procedures.
- Use your expertise to identify opportunities to further consolidate member’s external financial business thru member awareness and education.
- Working with the credit specialists, create a contact plan that will provide a roadmap for your success.
- Have knowledge of the profitability of the credit portfolios and the impact that pricing and fee waiving can have on the bottom line.
- Act as a backup to the credit specialist provide support during planned absences.
- Perform data entry and other tasks required for administration and processing of banking transactions and maintenance of account records.
- Deliver a consistent member experience with every interaction by following a standard process
- Measure your success through both achievements in net growth and member satisfaction.
- Focus on what you can do to ensure success is achieved at the corporate level, your level and the member level.
- Achieve or exceed annual targets.
- Post-secondary degree or diploma required.
- Comfort and ability to work with a high level of detail/accuracy.
- This is predominantly a self-managed role
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Ability to work efficiently without sacrificing accuracy.
- Three to five years of job-related/industry experience preferably in a lending environment.
- Completion of the Personal Lending and Mortgages (PLM) and Personal Financial Services Advice (PFSA) courses offered through Canadian Securities Institute is an asset. Canadian Securities Course (CSC) or Canadian Investment Funds Course to support MFDA is an asset.
- A combination of post-secondary education and work experience will be considered.
Closing date: This position will remain vacant until a suitable candidate is identified.
ABCU Credit Union thanks all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.