Closing date: May 22, 2020
In response to the rapidly changing payments landscape and the multiyear Payments Canada modernization initiative, the Centrals of Alberta, Manitoba (CUCM) and Saskatchewan formed a joint venture known as PaaS on behalf of all prairie credit unions.
PaaS resources are in the starting phases of a two year project to move to a payments as a service model with IBM. They are also intent upon streamlining the payments functions between the three Centrals. Their goal is to ensure prairie credit unions are competitive in payments and have access to efficient, cost-effective, modernized payments processing infrastructure.
Get involved on the ground floor of the payments transformation by joining PaaS in the critical role of assistant to the CEO. You will be called on for more than administration. What you learn and do on the job will be limited only by your capacity and capability. The Executive Assistant (EA) to the CEO is differentiated from an Administrative Assistant (AA) role by the increased complexity and extent of the role. While the EA may do some of the tasks an AA does such as prepare correspondence or place phone calls, these are not the main duties of the job.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are necessary to compose, edit and manage the CEO’s materials such as communications, correspondence, presentations and reports.
- Managing the activities, communications and materials related to a five person Transition Management Board is another important aspect of the role.
- The EA is the gatekeeper of the CEO’s calendar, using critical thinking to prioritize meeting requests and using initiative to ensure the CEO has the right documents and information for events, perhaps preparing a Powerpoint for such meetings.
- The EA will be expected to problem-solve, research, analyze data and report findings to others including the CEO.
- The EA will manage complex travel, often requiring changes and rescheduling. As EA to the CEO, limited travel may be required.
The position can be located in Calgary, Regina, Winnipeg or Toronto dependant on the successful candidate’s location.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Completed post-secondary education with a focus on business.
- Minimum of five years previous work experience in business, some of that preferably in a financial services organization.
- Ability to work independently and as a team player in a time sensitive environment
- Advanced skill level in the full Microsoft Office Suite, with an aptitude to learn new software and systems.
- Ability to organize high complexity and high volume business information and develop it into cohesive, professional reports and presentations, with little guidance and the ability to recognize and respond to business related issues within the scope of the material.
- Exceptionally strong communications skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to deal with contacts in a professional and courteous manner, and to develop and leverage professional working relationships
- Ability to deal with confidential materials in an appropriate manner.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
Because PaaS is a joint venture, you’ll technically be employed by one of the owner organizations. Attractive compensation and benefits are available to the successful candidate.
If you are interested in applying for this position, we invite you to send us your résumé and cover letter in strict confidence. We thank all applicants for their interest as only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
SUBMIT RESUME TO:
Consulting & People Services
Credit Union Central of Manitoba
400-317 Donald Street, Winnipeg MB R3B 2H6