Columbia Valley Credit Union is hiring a full time temporary (12 month) Finance Manager/Controller in Golden, British Columbia.
Columbia Valley Credit Union (CVCU) is a member owned financial institution in Golden, BC, serving members since 1955. With $190 million in assets, we serve our 4,500 members according to our guiding principles:
- Serving members is the primary purpose of our existence.
- We provide exceptional, customized service.
- We act with integrity and sincerity.
- We never stop learning.
- We continuously innovate.
To learn more about our credit union visit https://www.cvcu.bc.ca/.
CVCU is looking for an experienced Finance Manager/Controller to manage the finance and accounting functions of the credit union. This is a 12-month employment opportunity working either remotely or in our office in Golden, BC.
Reporting directly to the CEO, the Finance Manager is a member of the credit union management team, contributing to our success in achieving organizational goals. This role is responsible for the financial planning, accounting, financial analysis and financial reporting for the credit union, and manages financial systems, process and controls. Ultimately this position provides value by mitigating risk and ensuring the integrity of the credit union’s financials.
Some of the specific accountabilities of this role include:
- Participates in the development of annual business plans and goals aligned to the strategic plan, and ensures successful achievement of all objectives.
- Monitors industry trends and maintains current knowledge of credit union financial systems, and legislative and regulatory requirements.
- Leads the annual budget process.
- Manages the full financial year accounting cycle for the credit union.
- Manages accounts payables, receivables and pre-paids.
- Monitors and analyses operating results versus the budget; provides interpretation and investigates, corrects and/or recommends corrective action to management concerning budget variances.
- Provides oversight of payroll.
- Provides all required financial reporting – documenting and presenting current and projected financial performance for management, board members, regulators, and other stakeholders.
- Responsible for all financial tools, processes, procedures and ensuring appropriate financial controls are in place; makes recommendations to the CEO where changes in policy are required to address gaps or strengthen existing practices.
Qualification and Skill Requirements
We’re looking for someone with a post-secondary education in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or related field, and CPA designation completed or in progress. Previous experience in progressively senior accounting positions within the financial services industry is required, ideally within a credit union. An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
To be our ideal candidate, you will also have:
- Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting and cost control principles, and an understanding of credit union regulatory requirements,
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to interact with staff, members and suppliers in an effective and diplomatic manner,
- Strong understanding of computer technology, including advanced spreadsheet skills and experience with automated financial and accounting reporting systems,
- Ability to analyze and interpret simple and complex financial data; detail orientated, and demonstration of a high level of accuracy,
- Good organizational skills; demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines,
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills,
- Sound understanding of credit union operations.
- Chance to make a big impact in a small organization
- Competitive compensation package and benefits program
- Opportunity to be a part of an organization that gives back to the community through credit union services and initiatives
Please apply online through Credit Union Careers here by May 11, 2021.