Financial Services Assistant (twelve month co-op position)

Closing date: June 25, 2021

OVERVIEW

Alberta Central is the central banking facility, service bureau and trade association for Alberta’s credit unions. We are owned by 16 credit unions that together have more than $28 billion in system assets and serve more than 616,000 members at 194 branches across Alberta.

At Alberta Central, our purpose is to champion change in the credit union system and bring value and expertise to credit unions. Through our commitment to service, and with the efforts of our dedicated employees, we are helping credit unions meet the expectations of their members.  We continue to work side by side with credit unions with a single goal in mind: to help our system grow, prosper and achieve financial success.

ROLE SUMMARY

Reporting to the Treasury Department’s Senior Portfolio Manager, and the Director, Lending and Banking Support, this position is responsible for providing support to the financial services departments.  This is a Reporting to the Director, Treasury and the Director, Lending and Banking Support, this position is responsible for providing support to the financial services departments.  This is a shared role with approximately 80% of the week supporting the treasury function and the other 20% for lending services.

KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES

  • Assist in monitoring and reconciling foreign exchange cash flows and trading activity.
  • Ensure all credit union transactions are entered into the mainframe database.
  • Answer incoming telephone and email enquiries with respect to money market rates, foreign exchange rates, and credit union investments.
  • Complete monthly reporting requirements.
  • Build financial models using Excel software.
  • Participate in special projects as required.
  • Assist with Annual reviews of commercial syndicated credit facilities
  • All other duties as assigned

REQUIREMENTS

  • Minimum 2 years university completed in Business Administration or Commerce specializing in Finance.
  • Highly organized and detail-oriented with the ability to set priorities and effectively manage multiple tasks.
  • Proven ability to work independently and in a team environment.
  • Strong analytical skills with proven quantitative problem-solving and decision-making skills.
  • Possess good communication and organizational skills.
  • Proficiency Level of Microsoft Office Suite: Word – intermediate, Excel – basic, PowerPoint – intermediate and Outlook – intermediate. 
  • Must be bondable.

BENEFITS OF WORKING AT OUR ORGANIZATION

  • 2021 Alberta’s Top 75 Employer
  • Competitive compensation.
  • Open concept environment.
  • Friendly team atmosphere.
  • Parking subsidy, free banking services, free access to an in-house fitness facility.
  • Excellent access to transit services (bus and Heritage C-Train station).
  • Casual dress environment.

To express your interest in this position, submit your current resume along with a cover letter quoting Competition #21-009 by June 25, 2021, here.

*please note, application platform works best using Chrome, Firefox, Edge or Safari

We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those under consideration for the position will be contacted.


More system opportunities


search previous next tag category expand menu location phone mail time cart zoom edit close