Closing date: June 3, 2020
Alberta Central is the central banking facility, service bureau and trade association for Alberta’s credit unions. We are owned by 16 credit unions that together have more than $25 billion in system assets and serve more than 628,000 members at 190 branches across Alberta.
At Alberta Central, our purpose is to champion change in the credit union system and bring value and expertise to credit unions. Through our commitment to service, and with the efforts of our dedicated employees, we are helping credit unions meet the expectations of their members. We continue to work side by side with credit unions with a single goal in mind: to help our system grow, prosper and achieve financial success.
Reporting to the Supervisor, Statement Services, this position performs a variety of functions including completing image-based on-line concentrator remittances, non-postables, cheque return processing, and balancing functions for bill payment processing. This position identifies solutions to complex issues. The hours of this role are typically 9:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., Monday to Friday.
- Process and wire transmission preparation for concentrator remittances.
- Process non-postables items and post them in the appropriate account.
- Process cheque return request and balancing at the end of the day.
- Assist with preparation of payments within CUPS remittance processing area.
- Prepare debit and credit adjustments.
- Support risk management by following established policies, procedures and controls both corporately and within area of responsibility and escalate discrepancies to management.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Grade 12, with a minimum of 2 years related experience.
- Superior numeric data entry skills.
- Patience, with strong problem-solving and resolution skills.
- Strong mechanical aptitude.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office: Word – basic, Excel – intermediate and Outlook – basic. Other software as required.
- Must be bondable.
BENEFITS OF WORKING AT OUR ORGANIZATION
- 2020 Alberta’s Top 75 Employer.
- Competitive compensation.
- Open concept environment.
- Friendly team atmosphere.
- Parking subsidy, free banking services, free access to an in-house fitness facility.
- Excellent access to transit services (bus and Heritage C-Train station).
- Casual dress environment.
To express your interest in this position, submit your current resume along with a cover letter quoting Competition #20-012 by June 3, 2020 here.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those under consideration for the position will be contacted.