Christian Credit Union is hiring an Investment Advisor in Edmonton, Alberta
Christian Credit Union is a financial services organization that encourages biblical stewardship, offers modern banking technology and a comprehensive range of financial services solutions with service and advice from experts. We are principled and benefit our members with low fees, great rates and profit sharing while supporting Christian organizations and providing resources to make a difference in the world.
We are seeking an experienced Investment Advisor to work with an existing client portfolio and expand our wealth management relationships with our members. The Investment Advisor is a key member of a dynamic professional financial planning team and plays an integral role in the delivery of personalized advice and service to our members. The ideal candidate is knowledgeable, experienced in wealth management and excited to contribute on a team that focuses on building excellent member relationships and providing outstanding advice and service. This a unique opportunity for a wealth management professional to add a different sense of purpose and calling to their work.
We encourage people to be good stewards of the financial resources God has given to them. “Each of you should use whatever gift you have received to serve others, as faithful stewards of God’s grace in its various forms.” – 1 Peter 4:10 NIV
To be the recognized leader in applying Christian values to financial services. “The earth is the Lord’s, and everything in it, the world, and all who live in it…” – Psalm 24:1 NIV
- Delivers the full financial planning experience, to members who are building their investable assets, applying discovery, analysis, implementation and ongoing support to help these members achieve their financial goals.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with members, gathering information relating to their goals and objectives through analysis of their financial situations and providing professional advice to support their wealth management journey.
- Develops customized solutions and trusted advice grounded in biblical financial principles to help members achieve their financial goals.
- Enhances the financial well-being of our members by uncovering other financial needs and referring those members to the Financial Planner, Business Banking Advisor, Personal Banking Advisor or other partners within Christian Credit Union.
Skills and Attributes
- Demonstrates thorough knowledge of financial planning, investment solutions, policies, procedures, and compliance.
- Demonstrates Christian character including a desire to promote biblical financial stewardship.
- Possesses Christian Credit Union core values of humble, hungry and people smart.
- Demonstrates relationship building and sales proficiency.
- Demonstrates strong capabilities in financial planning, analysis, critical thinking and decision-making.
- Communicates clearly and concisely; demonstrating strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Thrives in a fast-paced, changing environment with minimal supervision; managing multiple tasks effectively and efficiently while demonstrating sound judgment in prioritization of work activities to achieve results.
- Motivated to meet/exceed both personal and corporate goals including the retention and acquisition of new members.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite and demonstrates strong computer literacy.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Minimum 2 years wealth management experience including sales of mutual fund portfolios.
- Successfully completed Investment Funds in Canada course or Canadian Securities Course (CSC) with eligibility for MFDA licensing; Completed or is currently pursuing Financial Planning Designation (CFP) is an asset.
- Post-secondary education in a business discipline and/or industry accreditation is an asset.
Closing date: January 23, 2021
Employment Type: Permanent
Compensation: Total compensation (base salary, incentives, and benefits) is competitive within the industry on a comparable basis. Our compensation plan, benefits package, deposit and loan program and education programs are all reasons to consider Christian Credit Union for your career.
We encourage all interested to apply by submitting your resume and covering letter to:
Attention: Cheryl Mason, Director People & Culture, Christian Credit Union
For more information about Christian Credit Union please visit christiancu.ca.