Closing date: Until filled
ABOUT LAKELAND CREDIT UNION
At Lakeland Credit Union our people are committed to providing financial opportunity, choice, and lifelong value by partnering with our members and our communities to enrich their lives through trusted advice and exceptional service!
Credit unions are about community enrichment, profit sharing, and people before profits! Lakeland Credit Union (“LCU”) has been serving the Bonnyville and Cold Lake communities since 1940 and we have a rich legacy of profit sharing and investing in our local communities and businesses.
The #LCUExperience is founded on the premise of attracting, developing and retaining employees committed to a career of delivering trusted advice and exceptional service to every member, every time. LCU is committed to investing in Our People, and empowering them with the training, skills, and experience, supported by the right processes to drive member loyalty and financial strength.
We are committed to being a respected financial institution where new members seek to join, meaningful careers are nurtured, partners pursue collaboration, and, our collective community succeeds!
As Lead, Lending Support this role will be a trusted advisor to the Lending Support team by providing coaching, technical direction and effective communications in all areas of loan administration; this includes loan documentation, securities registration and lending knowledge. This leader is accountable to ensure all assigned lending activities are in compliance with legislation, regulations, policy and procedures.
Team Leadership Deliverables:
- Lead and coach direct reports in order to ensure the efficient administration and operation of loan support functions of the credit union
- Foster and maintain a positive work environment conducive to high performing teams and highly engaged staff
- Coach employee performance through established performance planning. Evaluate performance of staff; coach and support individual training and development needs
- Support Branch Manager by participating in planning activities including assisting with setting the department’s priorities, goals & objectives
Lending Support Services Deliverables:
- Oversee the provision of support, assistance and documentation control systems to the Personal lending of the Credit Union
- Act as a senior resource person for loan support function, research and advanced level lending/documentation and lending related systems knowledge
- Oversee preparation, coordination and control of all loan documentation and security document registration
- Maintain high degree of organization to ensure accuracy and consistency of support and documentation processing
- Protect the interests of the Credit Union to the maximum extent possible and ensure compliance with all relevant legislation, regulations, policies and procedures
Policy/Procedure and Product Knowledge Deliverables:
- Clearly and concisely train and communicate policy, procedure and service information
- Have expertise and maintain up to date knowledge of credit union lending policy, procedure and documentation by regularly reviewing applicable literature
- Accountable for promoting Lakeland Credit Union value and teamwork between internal members
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of all Lakeland Credit Union products and services and promotional campaigns to provide coaching to Lending Support Specialists
- Maintain awareness and ability to differentiate competitor products and services
- Lead department meetings and participate in credit union meetings
Formal post-secondary education is required; a Business Administration diploma is preferred. Formal education may include “Fellow of Credit Union Institute of Canada” (FCUIC) designation or “Associate of the Credit Union Institute of Canada” (ACUIC) through the Credit Union Institute of Canada (CUIC). In addition, knowledge of Microsoft Office is essential for this position, as well as the ability to quickly learn our banking system.
Three to five years of previous retail banking experience and one to two years of supervisory experience is expected for individual and team success within this position.
This position requires the following behavioral competencies: relationship building, effective communication, organization/time management, process improvement mindset, critical thinking and judgment. To support and foster high performing teams and highly engaged staff, the Lead, Lending Support must manage through coaching and mentorship.
- A culture that values and recognizes your abilities to be successful and help others to be successful
- A tenured team of professionals that provide trusted advice every day
- A diverse team environment and opportunities to learn and grow your career
- A member centric organization that understands that happy members start with happy employees
- Competitive total compensation and benefits package