Kootenay Savings is hiring a Manager: Application Development in Trail, British Columbia
Kootenay Savings, the region’s leading credit union with over $1 billion in assets, over 39,000 members and over 200 employees, continues to strive to fulfill our vision:
To be the best provider of financial services and the best place to work in the communities we serve.
Reporting directly to the Vice President: Technology Solutions, the Manager: Application Development is accountable for the development and implementation of software solutions, which will enhance the functionality of the banking system and other enterprise-wide systems. The solution set includes integrations to 3rd party software and services. The incumbent will achieve this through:
- The management of the application development team
- The management of contracted development resources
- The management of the application development process
- The management of requirements backlogs in collaboration with the product managers and Enterprise Application Steering Committee
- Collaboration with the Information Technology Operations Team
A permanent remote work arrangement can be considered for this role; however, the incumbent will be willing and able to travel to work onsite in Trail, B.C. as required from time to time.
The ideal incumbent will possess:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent or working towards completion. IIBA Certification and PMI certification are considered assets
- A minimum of five years’ experience in the financial services industry with an understanding of standard banking processes and fiduciary controls, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- A minimum of eight years’ experience in application development with increasing responsibilities in management roles
- Strong working knowledge of the application development life cycle, agile methodologies, quality assurance, and coding best practises
- Project management experience to manage project teams from initiation to the completion of each project
- A professional level of competence in the principles and practices of business analysis as well as demonstrate knowledge of the skills, tools and methodology of business analysis
- Successful completion of an accredited coaching training program. Completion of ICF Accreditation would be considered an asset
Why work for us?
We know that our dedicated employees give us a lot and are key to our success; in return we offer a total rewards package that includes:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Remote/home work options and flexible work hours
- Paid vacation, sick time and floating holidays
- Continual training, development and coaching
- Confidential employee and family assistance program
- Unique staff benefits on products such as bank accounts, loans & mortgages
- The opportunity to build a satisfying career in an organization that incorporates many leading-strategic initiatives
- Being part of an organization that puts their community and employees first
- Being part of a talented and dedicated team who improve our members’ financial lives
Nestled in the natural beauty of the Selkirk and Monashee mountain ranges, next to the mighty Columbia River, the Greater Trail area offers year-round activities for the outdoor enthusiast from golfing to skiing, mountain biking, kayaking, fishing, hiking and much more. Amenities include the region’s largest hospital, Selkirk College and an aquatic and leisure centre, all surrounded by inviting neighbouring communities. Here you will find outstanding opportunities for living life well and to its fullest.
You’ll be rewarded with a satisfying career in an organization that incorporates many leading-edge strategic initiatives with opportunities for supported professional growth and career advancement. If you are a team player ready to take on an exciting challenge in a progressive, employee-focused environment, we’d like to hear from you!
Please apply online through the careers section of our website at www.kscu.com to upload your resume and complete the application questions.
Closing date: open until filled
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only short listed applicants will be contacted.