Lakeland Credit Union is hiring a Manager, Credit Adjudication in Bonnyville, Alberta.
Under executive supervision, the Manager, Credit Adjudication will develop and support the risk assessment and approval of credit applications pursuant to delegated credit authority. This role will contribute to the oversight, support and ongoing development of the credit risk management policies, guidelines and procedures, to capture industry best practices, customized to the unique business objectives and characteristics of Lakeland Credit Union and its membership. Progressive leadership is required to promote employee engagement, values and business strategy.
Key Responsibilities and Deliverables
- Ensure that credit applications are appropriately structured to achieve risk of default and credit loss within established thresholds, and minimum risk-based return on capital, while strongly supporting corporate growth and profitability.
- Drive thorough risk-based analysis of financial information, security valuations and terms and conditions, all in accordance with prudent lending practices as codified in the Lakeland Credit Union Lending Guidelines.
- Complete written reviews of acceptable credit applications for independent authorization or recommendation to higher level authority, including the presentation and support of applications as required.
Credit Portfolio Management
- Working closely with the VP Credit Risk Management, monitor the credit portfolio ongoing for well balanced portfolio quality and profitability, pursuant to credit risk management policy.
- Complete scheduled credit portfolio reporting, collaborating with the Finance Department for efficient and accurate data collection.
- Perform Loan Transaction Reviews and portfolio audits as required with documentation and trend analysis to VP Credit Risk Management.
- Assist in the continual development and implementation of credit policies, guidelines and procedures.
- o Identify and provide recommendations to the VP Credit Risk Management regarding improving departmental efficiencies.
- o Create and enhance risk assessment modeling to optimize the delivery of credit and support new business development.
- The role requires maintaining effective communication, building strong relationships and managing change amongst various stakeholders including the Management Credit Committee, Finance Department, Relationship Managers, Credit Analysts, Loan Support, and internal/external audit.
- Actively participate in department and credit union meetings.
- Keep up to date on changes in lending practices and in particular, Deposit Guarantee Lending Guidelines and the Credit Union Act and Regulations.
Commercial Lending Team Support and Leadership
- Direct report, supervision and mentoring of Commercial Underwriting Support Team
- Work closely with the commercial lending team as a resource person for all commercial lending matters, including collections, delinquency controls and loss prevention.
- Support various credit risk management training programs.
- Provide advice and direction to lenders and credit analysts regarding the analysis, structuring and negotiation of commercial credit applications and related documentation.
- Working closely with the Loan Compliance Administrator and Collections Advisor to ensure risk and internal controls are in place for commercial lending services.
- Support VP, Credit Risk Management in setting short- and long-term credit union goals; implement plans to achieve goals.
Qualifications and Personal Competencies
- A Bachelor’s Degree or diploma requiring 5 years of progressive job-related experience including at least 2 years of management experience working in a quantitative and analyst capacity.
- Excellent critical analysis and decision-making skills.
- A high attention to technical detail and proven ability to work effectively in a time sensitive and team environment.
- Strong quantitative skills, with some familiarity of basic statistics.
- Strong leadership, impact, influencing and presentation skills.
- Excellent relationship, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong business acumen coupled with a demonstrated ability to initiate action to achieve results and meet deadlines while respecting fundamental corporate values.
- Strong and thorough knowledge of the commercial banking marketplace and the market area’s key industries and competitive positioning within the assigned market areas.
- Exceptional demonstrated ability to analyze financial statements and understand aspects of lending, market analysis and industry trends, and cash management, etc.
- Ability to work independently with confidence and strong commitment to member service.
- Advanced credit and interviewing techniques, credit investigation and underwriting skills.
- Ability to work in normal business environment as well as flexible to work evenings and/or attend community events. Travel may be required for this role.
Does this sound like a great fit? Then we encourage you to apply today! You can forward your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Thank you for your interest in Lakeland Credit Union however, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Closing date: September 24, 2021
For more information about Lakeland Credit Union please visit lakelandcreditunion.com.