Kootenay Savings Credit Union is hiring a Manager, Credit Administration and Commercial Adjudication in Trail, British Columbia.
Kootenay Savings, the region’s leading credit union with over $1 billion in assets, over 39,000 members and over 200 employees, continues to strive to fulfill our vision:
To be the best provider of financial services and the best place to work in the communities we serve.
Do you… know what it takes to succeed in the competitive financial services market? Are you a natural leader who aspires to make a positive difference each and every day? Do you embrace change and thrive in an ever-evolving work environment? Are you a motivated self-starter with a proven track record of success in commercial lending and credit adjudication? Do you have what it takes to improve our members’ financial lives?
If so…we should talk.
We’re currently seeking an experienced professional to join our team as the Manager: Credit Administration & Commercial Adjudication. Based out of our Corporate office, the Manager: Credit Administration and Commercial Adjudication is responsible for the development and growth of long term, profitable relationships with commercial members through appropriate adjudication and mitigation of credit risk and appropriate pricing of credit relationships.
The incumbent provides leadership and guidance to the Credit Administration team and ensures appropriate processes and controls are in place to monitor and mitigate risk while ensuring Kootenay Savings policies, procedures and regulatory guidelines are met. The Manager: Credit Administration & Commercial Adjudication provides input and is responsible for the development of lending policies and procedures as required. In addition, this role supports our commercial lending group by providing guidance on loan applications, structure, pricing and application of lending policies.
Remote work options for this opportunity may be considered.
- Post-secondary diploma, degree and/or certification in Business or a related program
- Minimum 5 years’ progressive experience in sales and service with a comprehensive knowledge of commercial lending and risk management in the financial services industry
- Strong understanding of underwriting guidelines and excellent adjudication skills including commercial portfolio risk management
- Sound knowledge and understanding of business financial statements, business case and cash flow analysis and real estate lending
- General knowledge of consumer and retail mortgage lending including financial products & services
- Thorough knowledge of the commercial banking marketplace and the market area’s key industries and competitive positioning
- Advanced knowledge of lending policies, procedures, and regulatory guidelines
- Advanced knowledge of personal computer-based literacy including advanced knowledge of Excel
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and relationship building skills
- Self-motivated and resourceful with strong planning, organizational and time management skills
- Demonstrated exceptional analytical skills
- Ability to effectively problem solve and manage conflict
- The ability to take a creative approach to opportunities or issues, think “outside the box” and explore unique ways to create value for members, communities and the organization
- The ability to courageously face new challenges and opportunities
- The ability to form a deep understanding of members’ needs and to develop member-centric solutions across multiple channels that exceed their expectations
- The ability to work within and across groups and/or organizations to solve complex issues and create the best solutions that will benefit members and their communities
- The ability to recognize and moderate one’s effect on others and the organization, building trust by choosing to act with integrity and authenticity
- The ability to inspire a sense of direction and shared purpose for employees, while energizing and motivating them to advance the vision
Why work for us?
We know that our dedicated employees give us a lot and are key to our success; in return we offer a total rewards package that includes:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Paid vacation, sick time and floating holidays
- Continual training, development and coaching
- Confidential employee and family assistance program
- Unique staff benefits on products such as bank accounts, loans & mortgages
- The opportunity to build a satisfying career in an organization that incorporates many leading-strategic initiatives
- Being part of an organization that puts their community and employees first
- Being part of a talented and dedicated team who improve our members’ financial lives
Nestled in the natural beauty of the Selkirk and Monashee mountain ranges, next to the mighty Columbia River, the Greater Trail area offers year-round activities for the outdoor enthusiast from golfing to skiing, mountain biking, kayaking, fishing, hiking and much more. Amenities include the region’s largest hospital, Selkirk College and an aquatic and leisure centre, all surrounded by inviting neighbouring communities. Affordable, safe and volunteer-oriented communities provide all the modern technology and amenities to keep you connected. Here you will find outstanding opportunities for living life well and to its fullest.
For more information about the Greater Trail region, please visit imaginekootenay.com
For more information about Kootenay Savings, please visit www.kscu.com
Please apply online through the careers section of our website at www.kscu.com to upload your resume and complete the application questions.
Closing date: March 5, 2021
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only short listed applicants will be contacted.