Closing date: until filled
At Lakeland Credit Union our people are committed to providing financial opportunity, choice, and lifelong value by partnering with our members and our communities to enrich their lives through trusted advice and exceptional service!
Credit unions are about community enrichment, profit sharing, and people before profits! Lakeland Credit Union has been serving the Bonnyville and Cold Lake communities since 1940 and we have a rich legacy of profit sharing and investing in our local communities and businesses.
The #LCUExperience is founded on the premise of attracting, developing and retaining employees committed to a career of delivering trusted advice and exceptional service to every member, every time. LCU is committed to investing in Our People, and empowering them with the training, skills, and experience, supported by the right processes to drive member loyalty and financial strength.
We are committed to being a respected financial institution where new members seek to join, meaningful careers are nurtured, partners pursue collaboration, and, our collective community succeeds!
Reporting to the AVP, Corporate Governance, the Manager, Human Resources will be a strategic planner and tactical resource for our organization; co-creating and implementing robust employee programs while managing and leading two direct reports. Through innovative practices and a highly professional manner, they will recruit and retain employees, recommend and deliver effective employee training programs and support leadership development and company initiatives. The Manager, Human Resources will be the policy and brand ambassador who demonstrates a high degree of integrity while navigating an environment of growth and potential.
Manage Employee Recruitment and Retention Programs
- Collaborate with management to identify workforce planning needs
- Research and implement best practices for recruitment including advertising channels and applicant drives (i.e. job fairs)
- Manage and conduct recruitment and selection practices for the organization; ensure the hiring practices include standardized sourcing, screening, interviewing and testing candidates (where appropriate)
- Evaluate the credit union’s internal salary administration program on a consistent basis to ensure that pay practices are internally equitable, externally competitive and in accordance with policy and legislative requirements; recommend changes where necessary
- Open communications with managers to ensure appropriate career paths are identified for employees and support a structured plan to accommodate career progression
- Manage the employee exit interview process ensuring valuable information is obtained, communicated and remedied where appropriate
Delivery of Product and Services Training
- Work with management to identify staff training needs and manage delivery of staff training through employee development resources
- Research and access training programs and materials outside the credit union where necessary
- Develop and recommend annual training plan and budget as it relates to strategic initiatives
- Facilitate training with subject matter experts and coordinate with staff/supervisors
- Manage and improve the onboarding process for new staff and refresher training for existing staff; including a review upon completion of orientation
Administer Human Resource Programs
- Manage implementation of policies, procedures and programs to maintain and enhance the quality of the work environment and ensure that the credit union fulfils its responsibility as an employer
- Ensure legislation including human rights is followed and adhered to at all time
- Manage the employee relations function by maintaining and recommending improvements to programs as cited in the Personnel Policy Manual
- Oversee payroll process with authority to approve monthly payroll expenses and remittances
- Manage the Employee Benefits program; including communication to staff in relation to sponsor plan
Human Resources Leadership
- Support and counsel the management and Executive team on matters relating to employment laws, termination procedures, disciplinary actions, performance management and career planning
- Coordinate the appropriate resolution channels for human resource issues and situations with staff and management
- For HR Team: Develop performance standards and conduct performance reviews ensuring team participates in their own development plan
- As a member of the management team, participate in the development of:
- Advice and service training
- Strategic planning
- Board and Committee reporting
- A Bachelor degree in Business, specializing in Human Resources or other related post-secondary education. A CPHR designation would be considered an asset.
- A minimum of 3 years’ related management experience within a medium size organization and 5 years’ experience in Human Resources including recruitment and training
- Exceptional relationship management and communication skills with the ability to lead and influence a diverse group of stakeholders
- Proven leadership ability and teambuilding skills to effectively motivate, inspire and manage employees
- A team player committed to working with leadership and employees to ensure goal alignment and achievement
- Results driven with exceptional planning, organization and execution skills