Bow Valley Credit Union is hiring a Member Service Manager in Banff, Alberta
Bow Valley Credit Union takes great pride in the communities where we live and work, we and are committed to helping them thrive. Our members are at the centre of everything we do, and our vision, purpose, and values reflect our commitment to our members and our communities. BVCU has built its considerable success by delivering exceptional service and products to our members.
Reporting to the Branch Manager, the Member Service Manager (MSM) is responsible for effective branch operation and member relationship management. The emphasis for this role will be on fostering a collaborative work environment that is conducive to individual development, team achievement, and the credit union’s success. The MSM will be accountable to all team members to learn and teach skills, products, programs, policy, and procedures.
What Does a Member Service Manager Do?
1. Member Services
- Ensure all member transactions are completed accurately and in a timely manner, and processed adhering to individual limits and branch procedure.
- Process member inquiries and resolve member issues promptly.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of all products and services and be able to make recommendations for each member and execute programs that will contribute to the growth and development of BVCU.
- Refer Insurance, Wealth Management, Registered Plans, Loans, and Discount Brokerage inquiries to the appropriate BVCU staff member or partner.
The primary role of the MSM is to lead, manage, coach, mentor, and develop each team member in a dynamic working environment. This will be achieved through supervision, delegation, teaching, and working with the Branch Manager and the Administration Office.
- Identify learning and coaching opportunities that will continuously advance the skills of the MSRs and be accountable for the initial and on-going training and support of employees.
- Participate in training and development programs provided by internal and external resources.
3. Branch Operations
Manage the overall operations of the branch, which includes the front-end team members, equipment, and facilities.
- Oversee operational branch procedures, opening, closing, alarms, and after-hours service implementation.
- Ensure policies and procedures are adhered to, including branch privacy, anti-money laundering, security procedures, daily balancing, reporting, and reconciling.
- Control and monitor expenses and income streams.
- Work with Internal Audit and the Administration Office to improve internal controls
Essential Requirements For the Position
- Post-Secondary degree in Business Administration, Commerce, Economics, or related field is required. An equivalent combination of education and relevant experience will be considered.
- 5 – 7 years’ experience in a leadership role, with a minimum of 3 years’ cash handling experience; previous DNA experience is an asset.
- Comprehensive understanding of credit union operations, philosophies and principles, products and services would be considered an asset.
- Proven sales experience with an aptitude to work with people in a customer service capacity.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations.
- Effective change management and work planning skills.
- Demonstrated ability to provide effective coaching and leadership.
- High level of computer literacy, with the ability to learn and teach computer software.
- Must hold a current driver’s license and have vehicle for occasional daytime travel to attend job-related training and credit union events.
- Must be bondable and a criminal and credit record check is required.
- Must have legal authorization to work in Canada on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer.
We are looking for someone to join the team to make everyone feel at home, seeing and feeling the Bow Valley Credit Union difference right away. Sound like the perfect fit? Then apply today!
Closing date: until filled
Salary: $50,000 – $60,000
At Bow Valley Credit Union, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants. We believe that diversity and inclusion is critical to our success, and we seek to recruit, develop, and retain our talent from a diverse candidate pool. The credit union reserves the right to change job accountabilities and responsibilities as business needs dictate.
For more information about Bow Valley Credit Union please visit bowvalleycu.com.
BVCU thanks you for your application, but we will only be contacting successful applicants.