SPARK The Energy Credit Union is hiring a full-time Member Services Representative in Calgary, Alberta.
SPARK The Energy Credit Union is a member-owned financial institution established in 1953. We have operations in Calgary and Fort Saskatchewan, and serve over 5500 members. We are the financial institution of choice for the people of Alberta’s energy industry. All of our deposits are 100% guaranteed, and our members share in our profits.
As a Member Services Representative, You Will:
- Generate sales referrals by actively promoting and cross-selling products and services to members by analyzing their needs
- Process a variety of cash and non-cash member service transactions including deposits, withdrawals, payments, calculations of foreign and domestic exchanges, cheque cashing, and electronic funds transfers
- Resolve routine problems with member accounts and refer complex questions to the appropriate internal personnel
- Apply policies and procedures in daily activities to meet safety, legal and privacy requirements
- Be accountable for area security and internal security audits
- Balance transactions, vouchers, and cash on a daily basis
- Assist with opening/closing procedures, including the balancing of branch daily transmittals, central deposits and clearings.
- Act as a joint custodian on specified combinations
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of all credit union products and services in order to foster. business development through service excellence and product knowledge
- Promote and participate in branch campaigns/initiatives
- Support other team members when required
- Complete assigned daily reports
Are You the Right Fit?
We’re looking for friendly individuals who are comfortable engaging with other members and promoting SPARK’s products and services. To thrive in this role, you will need to have the following qualities:
- Proven customer service skills in a bank or credit union with a minimum two years’ experience in a member/customer service role
- Service and sales driven
- High IT literacy
- Drive for excellence and be self-motivated
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Enjoy working as part of a team
- Strong attention to detail
- Flexible and proficient multi-tasker
- Superb intuition, which you use to anticipate members’ needs
We offer a teamwork-based environment and a competitive compensation package, including personal health days, health and dental plans, as well as discounted banking and lending products. Located in the Calgary downtown core, our office is a stone’s throw away from Eau Claire and Prince’s Island Park. We are easily accessible by transit with major bus routes and the LRT only a few blocks away.
- Financial Services/banking: 2 years
- Customer Service: 2 years
Closing date: This position will close when filled
SPARK The Energy Credit Union thanks all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.