The Credit Union Deposit Guarantee Corporation is hiring a Senior Manager, Regulation & Credit Risk Assessment in Edmonton, Alberta.
The Credit Union Deposit Guarantee Corporation guarantees member deposits in Alberta credit unions and ensures sound business practices are maintained. We invite qualified applicants to consider joining our team, as Senior Manager, Regulation & Credit Risk Assessment.
This position reports to the Assistant Vice President (AVP), Regulation and Credit Risk Assessment and is accountable for the oversight of the credit risk management function, and processes at assigned credit unions. Key responsibilities include; credit risk identification and mitigation, communicating with various levels of management and Boards of Directors within the credit union system to address risk findings, and promoting the safety and soundness of the Alberta credit union system.
This is an excellent opportunity to pursue a career in financial services regulation and be part of the credit union system.
- Adjudicates credit applications within assigned lending limits and completes loan reviews for assigned credit unions to ensure acceptable risks are underwritten.
- Confirms credit risk management trends and appropriate credit risk practices are in place at credit unions, by off-site credit risk monitoring and on-site compliance verifications.
- Assists the AVP in managing the operations of the Regulation and Credit Risk department, including training, coaching, planning and project management.
- Leads or supports credit risk assessment for 2-3 credit unions/year, with approximately 1 week in duration on-site for compliance verification.
- Prepares accurate and meaningful internal documentation and external credit risk assessment reports.
- Fosters a culture of shared, proactive risk management, and provides guidance and advice on credit union regulations and lending guidelines.
- Consults proactively on emerging issues with assigned credit unions and develops recommendations for changes to guidelines, procedures and best practices.
- Works independently and as part of a team and assists the Managers, Regulation & Credit Risk Assessment as required, including department workflow and assigned projects.
- Travel required to credit unions within Alberta
- Ten (10) or more years of experience in commercial credit underwriting and credit adjudication, including an advanced understanding of commercial real estate including syndications, construction, and hospitality industry risks.
- University degree in a related discipline e.g. business/finance/accounting, risk management certification, etc. is preferred.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Strong understanding of credit risk management principles, including portfolio risk, lending to high risk industries and inherent credit risks.
- Comprehensive knowledge of loan underwriting standards, lending guidelines and loan security documentation.
- Experience in the interpretation and administration of policy.
- Experience in the credit union system is an asset.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise sound judgement and apply an analytical approach to problem solving and decision making.
- Ability to collaborate with and lead in both small and large team environments.
- Excellent relationship building skills with the ability to communicate both verbally and in writing with a wide variety of people.
- Strong computer competency in Microsoft Office Suite.
Compensation & Benefits
- Commensurate with qualifications and experience
- Comprehensive benefits program
- Commitment to work and life balance
Closing date: This position will remain open until filled
We will provide reasonable accommodation at any time throughout the hiring process for applicants with disabilities or for those needing job postings in an alternate format. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to an inclusive and accessible recruitment and selection process.
If you believe that this position would be a good fit for you, please send your resume directly to our recruitment partner LHH Knightsbridge and Erica Tsui at; firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all interested applicants but only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Learn more about the Credit Union Deposit Guarantee Corporation at cudgc.ab.ca.