Closing date: April 14, 2021
Alberta Central is the central banking facility, service bureau and trade association for Alberta’s credit unions. We are owned by 16 credit unions that together have more than $28 billion in system assets and serve more than 616,000 members at 194 branches across Alberta.
At Alberta Central, our purpose is to champion change in the credit union system and bring value and expertise to credit unions. Through our commitment to service, and with the efforts of our dedicated employees, we are helping credit unions meet the expectations of their members. We continue to work side by side with credit unions with a single goal in mind: to help our system grow, prosper and achieve financial success.
This 12-month contract position is a senior level position that utilizes broad experience in Cyber Security, Network Administration, Microsoft 365, Data Classification, and supporting the use of technology throughout the organization. Includes consulting, developing, planning, implementing and supporting technology solutions for users to successfully meet corporate goals and initiatives.
- Use broad experience in IT system operations and support to ensure IT systems and tools are being used efficiently.
- Provide expertise, guidance, and administration for the Microsoft 365 toolset.
- Use experience in cyber security to setup and maintain staff Cyber Safety programs including phishing tests, administration, and reporting on results.
- Support Data Classification tools including analysis and reporting of results.
- Work with IT provider to define, evaluate and implement solutions.
- Assist vendors in implementing patches and upgrades.
- Undertake business analysis activities relating to product and service modifications and/or enhancements of IT systems.
- Gather information from stakeholders, conduct research and document business needs and requirements for technology solutions.
- Coordinate with vendors to implement upgrades and critical patches.
- Present to senior management and/or clients and provide information regarding options to meet business and technical needs.
- Prepare project plans, timelines, budgets and detailed specifications.
- Support risk management and effective governance by maintaining compliance with policies, procedures and controls both corporately and within area of responsibility, ensuring they are operating effectively and escalating discrepancies to management.
- Related University degree and typically 5 or more years of related experience; or combination of formal education and experience.
- Broad experience using Microsoft 365 including administration, analytics, governance, data classification, implementing productivity solutions.
- Cyber Security: Working knowledge of email header investigation, web server log analysis, security awareness training tool management, domain investigation, data encryption.
- Data Classification: Working knowledge of data transmissions methods, Windows file management, data privacy regulations, data classification tools.
- Working knowledge of managing active directory in Windows environments.
- Experience in web development and scripting tools such as PowerShell.
- Must be bondable.
BENEFITS OF WORKING AT OUR ORGANIZATION
- 2021 Alberta’s Top 75 Employer.
- Competitive compensation and benefit offerings.
- Open concept environment.
- Friendly team atmosphere.
- Parking subsidy, free banking services, free access to an in-house fitness facility.
- Excellent access to transit services (bus and Heritage C-Train station).
- Casual dress environment.
To express your interest in this position, submit your current resume along with a cover letter quoting Competition #21-005 by April 14, 2021, here.
*please note, application platform works best using Chrome, Firefox, Edge or Safari
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those under consideration for the position will be contacted.